Search engine optimization (or SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s (google, yahoo, bing etc.) results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users.
Now that you know what it is, here are some reasons why you should care.
1. You’ll make more money! Focusing on SEO can increase the traffic to your website and therefore increase the bottom line.
2. Over 75% of people do not scroll past the first page of listings when searching the web. This means that if you are not at the top or near it you are getting passed by!
3. There are over 131 Billion web searches done every month, and I bet it wouldn’t surprise you that over 80% of travel bookings now starts with a web search.
4. It doesn’t have to be expensive! Over 70% of the users that click on these links are not paid or are “organic”.
5. Almost 80% of travel purchases are made online today.
In summary, it’s quite simple. People need to be able to find your campground or RV park on the internet in order to know you exist, so let’s make it easy on them!